Friday, February 23, 2007

Day #6 without a laptop

Trav posted a 'scientific' comment so it is only fair that I reply to it honestly.....

"
There are 5 stages in psychological acceptance

1. Denial: "I can get by fine without a lap...sure it'd be nice to have one around for the odd thing"

2. Anger "Where's my laptop when i need it"

3. Bargaining "God if a laptop turned up in the post i would strongly consider giving my right arm to charity

4 Grieiving: Crying, sobing.....

5. acceptance. I dont have a laptop"

I would say that I am sitting at stage 1. I am living without it but find that it would be good to use it for this, that and the other. It is almost a week without it, the most I have ever not had it for would have been 2-3 weeks so I think it will be a similar amount of time, if not a little more.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Trav, Jonny don't go out in sympathy for my bro because in a couple of weeks time he will have my BRAND NEW LAPTOP to fiddle with and run down to the ground. I think one of the main reasons he lent me his laptop and knew that he could handle life without one becasue he would get first dibs on my new one. I don't like the idea of him wearing in my new laptop but i don't have a choice... until i get home for easter! But it took my bro a big step to lend his precious laptop and i'm very thankful for that.

Trav said...

lol ah! the truth comes out.

Jo your always breaking big stories....his baptism to everyone last week...now the laptop ficasso ... you should change courses into media studies