Monday, July 16, 2007

What a week!!!

I have been away since last Sunday (8th) doing several activities which is why I have been unable to create new posts.

Last Sunday afternoon I travelled down to Melbourne with friends and stayed the night at a friend's place. The next morning we left to go to Adanac camp at Yarra Junction as we were leaders on the junior camp that was on by OAC. It was a great camp from the Monday to Friday with lots of fun doing an amazing race, dramas, canoeing, studies, flying fox, stories, games, etc with the kids who we got to know during the week. It was great to hear about how some kids had changed perceptions as to what Christianity is, how they can live for Jesus and more.


After the camp I went and visited some relatives for the Friday night which it was nice to catch up with them including my two young cousins who sure are growing up.

On the Saturday and Sunday I was at Belgrave Heights for the SU Director's training weekend which went well as we now have some more ideas of what to do for RSK and how to improve in some aspects, i.e. using the Bible more in the program and team life than we already do.

I then came back to Ballarat for church last night and heard Brad speak about how it is important that we should be careful what influence our friends have on us and that it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be friends with non-christians. Ballarat Family Church did a great job leading the worship with band and singers, etc.

Last night I went to bed about 10pm which was nearly normal camp bed time and then woke up this morning at 6:30 which was wake up time on camp. I think my body clock needs to sort itself out before uni goes back next week...

All in all a great week of serving God and seeing Him at work. Now time to RRR - Rest, Recover and Relax.

No comments: