Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Wii Phone

...or in my case "Wee Phone" (just so you know that Nintendo aren't releasing a competitor to the iPhone).

This event took place about 2 weeks ago now in the bathroom. I was going to the toilet, as everyone regularly does, and then my mobile in my front pocket of my jumper decided that it needed to go for a swim. It fell straight out into the toilet! It took a second or two before it sank in that it was my mobile in the toilet and then came the look of astonishment (yes Jono, astonishment, I will show you the face one day).

This called for action so I reached in and grabbed my mobile out of the toilet. I am glad it was only Number 1's otherwise it would have been messy or would I have written it off and bought a new one instead??? Now comes a really ironic thing, I took the dripping mobile out of the toilet and rinsed it off under the tap which sure felt wrong because electrical devices and water don't mix. Of course by this time the water was in there, the screen had gone black and then it started vibrating because it was short-circuiting so I ripped the back off and pulled the battery out.

I then dried the outside of it and placed it on a heater to dry out as much as possible. I then bought a set of small tools to pull it apart to dry and clean it. It now has a little bit of a black bit on the bottom-left of the screen where water is in the screen and the 3 (DEF) button is a little worse than it used to be. Apart from that it still works fine.

Recommendation: Mobile phones should not go swimming - as they can't swim.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt I would've enjoyed your expression, but I don't think I'll be joining you in the future, in expectancy of a repeat performance :)

Anonymous said...

that last picture was really cool, funny even!

Trav said...

It's fair to say we're not doing real well on the mobile phone front this year.