Thursday, June 14, 2007

Get sick to get MeTime

The other week I was talking to a friend of mine and I was telling her everything I was doing and it was quite busy. She asked me where I was giving myself some time for myself and it made me stop and think that I don't get a lot of 'MeTime'. In the following week I tried giving myself more MeTime and I found that I wasn't able to as uni was busy and with other meetings, etc.

This week has been more relaxed after State Youth Games but it is also because I am sick. I usually only get sick once a year and I think this is it. I sort of wore myself out over the last week and especially the weekend which made it much easier to get sick. I am glad that I am sick though because it is forcing me to have MeTime and after it I will be more thankful again for being healthy. It is good timing too because I don't have major things happening this week compared to last week with SYG and next week with exams, etc.

Through this sickness God will restore me and help me to gain a much better focus on life again - that is what I find from getting sick anyway.

As the same friend mentioned this bible passage today, Psalm 23:2-3 - "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

No comments: