Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reward and Recognition

I went back to work today as I haven't been for about a week and a half due to exams (which I have finished!!!) and upon getting back to work was given two movie tickets! I was given this as my team leader had received feedback from at least two users I had responded to after fixing their problem. It was a pleasant surprise and although I didn't think I did anything special - just doing my job - I was not going to say no.

I previously posted about an email reply I received from a guy and talked about encouragement at work and he was one of the guys who sent the big email back as well as another person who sent one in. It is a challenge to encourage others to do their best in their job as we don't recognise the hard work and dedication a lot of people put into their work/job, etc.

Who can you encourage by giving reward or recognition to, today?


Ephesians 4:29

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

3 comments:

Jonny said...

I too have movie tickets coming my way courtesy of IBM. Not cos of feedback from clients, but cos I reduced my average handle time by 28% in 5 weeks. Woo yeah.

It is good to be recognised occasionally.....

wayneb36301 said...

It's good to hear (read) anything on how others are trying to follow the Lord at work. I have a blog dealing with that issue.
marketplacechristian.blogspot.com

Give it a try

wayneb36301 said...

Good to see that others are trying to be a light in the workplace. I have a blog were I deal with those issues and offer resources.
Visit
marketplacechristian.blogspot.com
geocities.com/wayneb36301/mcr.html