Tuesday, June 12, 2007

State Youth Games - What a weekend!

This last long weekend I went to Lardner Park for the annual State Youth Games. I went with York Street Church of Christ and we did alright for a medium sized church. Our church won Ultimate frisbee B grade and Dodgeball. We made it the semi-finals in netball.

It was a great weekend as the weather was brilliant as normally SYG is quite wet but it was only wet Monday morning rather than the whole weekend. It was great catching up with so many friends and meeting new people as well. I am very glad that I went even though I am feeling quite sore and a bit tired sitting here at work.

If you want to hear a story or two from SYG, like the frisbee commitment, just ask me and I will fill you in and might even make a post about it here on my blog.

Anyone else go to SYG??

1 comment:

Christop said...

My shoes went to SYG. I think they enjoyed it.