Thursday, March 15, 2007

Kenya Mission Session #1

We had our first Kenya mission session last Monday night and had a study about "The God of mission".

There were eight questions (with a sub-question each, so about 16 questions) that really get you evaluating things about yourself. I hope you have a read and reflect on them like I will. You don't have to leave a comment answering these questions about yourself unless you would like to but I will encourage you to make at least one comment on your visit.

1. Who am I?

- What can I learn about myself?


2. Who is God?

- How can my understanding of God grow?


3. Who are we?


- What can I learn about community and the church?


4. What is the impact of culture on the faith?


- How can I see life and the gospel differently because of what I've experienced?


5. What's wrong with the world?


- What can I learn about justice, poverty and the cause of suffering?


6. What does it mean to be a follower of Christ?


- What can I learn about discipleship?


7. What's of value?


- What can I learn about my lifestyle?


8. Where am I going?


- What might God call me to be and to do as a result of this experience? What can I learn about my vocation?

(This was taken out of, "Short-term missions workbook" by another book which I don't have the name of)

No comments: