Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Daily Devotion

I like to read my bible every morning just after breakfast and I have found that it helps me to really grow in my faith in Jesus. However, over the weekend, I was busy doing a filming weekend and didn't read my daily devotion. Although that is bad, what it showed me was just how much I missed it once I didn't do it because I was wanting to have devotion time again more then before.

This morning from my readings I have learnt or re-emphasised the following:

  • Glorifying God means putting His character, His will, and His ways into action in all that we do - Our purpose is to show others less of us and more of Him. That’s living on purpose with a purpose! - http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb-05-21-07.shtml
  • From reading segment in Proverbs - Proverbs 19:8 - "He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers."
All of this I read and was encouraged and challenged by in about 15 minutes. I had physical food and then spiritual food which helps sustain me.

I would really encourage you to read your bible each day as the more you read it, the more you will learn about God and get to know him more personally.

Matthew 6:11 - "Give us today our daily bread."

Hebrews 3:12-13 - "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

No comments: