Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Who owns who?

I was reading on The Age website an article about Lihir gold and the Ballarat Gold mine.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/lihir-gsjbw-at-odds-over-ballarat-gold-mine/2007/05/21/1179601330130.html

As I was reading through it I found out that Lihir Gold bought it out this year for $345 million. I was surprised by this as I didn't hear anything about it in the news, etc. Nearly everyday there is a company who is acquiring, merging or making an alliance with another company. Especially Google, Microsoft and IBM - some of the biggest companies in the world. It would be interesting to check some of the popular or well-known companies stakes in other companies, or who owns who.

Companies these days are getting bigger and bigger in a globalised world.

(oh and don't forget Yahoo as another big company, looking at purchasing Bebo I just read)

1 comment:

Esi said...

Thank you for your comment over at my place. It's really encouraging for girls to hear guys say this stuff. It gives us a way to check your motives, depth of your affection, etc... If you really believe it's from God keep pursuing her and one God will show her what He has showed you - be tactful though ;)

Thank you for reading as well...I posted recently so feel free to check back.

Esi