Friday, May 25, 2007

Round 9 AFL Tips

Well, this is the first week of showing the world what my AFL tips are for the week. Since a comment was left by JB that maybe I could share my tips, I decided it would be interesting to see how many people would follow my tips and either like my tipping or hate me.

So here goes for Round 9 (my tips bolded):

Friday May 25

8:40pm Fremantle v St Kilda Subiaco Oval
- It has got to be Fremantle with St Kilda suffering a lot of injuries with a depleting side and a Fremantle coach who is really after getting into the 8.

Saturday May 26

2:10pm Carlton v Adelaide Telstra Dome
- Adelaide should be too strong for an underpowered Carlton side.

2:10pm Hawthorn v West Coast Aurora Stadium
- West Coast are on fire for another season and have won several here before. It is unlikely that losing Kerr would dent the side that much and the weather is not looking like being wet either.

7:10pm Brisbane v Collingwood The Gabba
- Brisbane should be strong enough to beat Collingwood at the Gabba if they can hold it together although the Pies could be a force to be reckoned with - close game of the round.

7:40pm Richmond v Essendon Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Richmond will have to be hungry and maul the Bombers to do any good here as they have not won a game yet for the season.


Sunday May 27

1:10pm Western Bulldogs v Sydney Manuka Oval
- Sydney are looking good for this season again after a win over the Port last week. They should be able to perform well enough for a victory.

2:10pm Melbourne v Kangaroos Melbourne Cricket Ground
- You might be thinking, what is he crazy - they haven't won a game, Melbourne have a good track record over the Roos, they wouldn't have been as worn out after last round against the Eagles compared to the Roos after a high-scoring match last week. Melbourne have to believe in themselves and go for it, it is their best possibility of winning until they play Richmond in Round 12.

4:40pm Port Adelaide v Geelong AAMI Stadium
- Even though Geelong are winning and doing really well and Port come off a loss last week, I think Port should do alright at home and with dry (not really wet) weather conditions - a win is a nice possibility. Also the fact that I want them to win because of mates who go for Geelong. :)

See how we go with these tips...

Disclaimer: I am having a good year in the tipping so far, it could fall away at any moment and I am sure to miss tips quite often. If you don't like my tipping, please don't follow it. Follow my tipping at your own risk. As a Port Power fan, I will be biased toward tipping for them more and that has been going well so far this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your tips, mate.

what's your record on the season so far? I'm on 40 points after 8 rounds (64 games), that's 62.5%

PI007 said...

I am currently at 46 points from 8 rounds (64 games), which makes it 75%.

This has to be my best tipping season by far.

I am also in the footytips.com.au and am on 43 which places me 6,363 out of 202,401 people.

If I had tipped the same in this comp as the Westnet one, I would be coming about 483rd!!!!!!!

Trav said...

...clearly a good season

this week you have tipped 4 winners

bringing up your half century.

...Melbourne and Port are poor choices and will leave you with 4 and me with 7. But we cant all be as good as SU Guy.

Jonny said...

Lucky for you the Bombers staged their comeback in the last 5 minutes to beat Richmond by 8 points.

It was very nearly only 3.....